HLS Opens on Broadway – A Panel of Prominent Theatre Alumni
Join us for our annual summer panel/reception for HLS students and alumni.
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Generously hosted by:
1285 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10019
- John F. Breglio ’71 (Moderator), Former Paul Weiss partner; Broadway producer, lawyer and investor in hundreds of plays and musicals, including A Chorus Line and Dreamgirls; author of I WANNA BE A PRODUCER: How to make a killing on Broadway ... or get killed.
- Nell Benjamin (Harvard ’93), Broadway librettist/lyricist and playwright; Tony-nominated and Olivier Award-winning lyricist for Legally Blonde: The Musical (starring Elle Woods, HLS circa ‘04); currently working on "Mean Girls," "Dave," "Gotta Dance," and "Huzzah!" for Broadway.
- Dale Cendali ’84, Partner at Kirkland & Ellis LLP; Trustee of American Theatre Wing and Tony voter; producers’ counsel for Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark and Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles; Broadway investor; former President of the Yale Dramatic Association.
- H. Rodgin Cohen ’68, Senior Chairman of Sullivan & Cromwell LLP; Board Member of Lincoln Center Theater and Producer, Finding Neverland.
- Roy L. Furman ’63, Vice Chairman of Jefferies and Chairman of Jefferies Capital Partners; Tony Award-winning producer of 70+ Broadway shows, including The Book of Mormon, The Color Purple and An American in Paris.
- Andrew Klaber ’10, Investor, Paulson & Co., Finance Committee and Young Partner Board of The Public Theater (originator of "Hamilton" / "Fun Home" / "Eclipsed" / "Dry Powder") and Broadway investor.
- Laurence O’Keefe (Harvard ’91), Broadway composer/lyricist and librettist; also Tony nomination and Olivier Award for Legally Blonde: The Musical; other credits include Bat Boy The Musical and Heathers; currently working on “Huzzah!” for Broadway.